Friday, July 12, 2013

EOC Week 1: Voice

Be remembered by your good work, not by your bad actions. My name is Geovanny Sorto, but I prefer to be called Geo, I’m 20 year old and I live in sin city, Las Vegas. Art is my passion, creativity my motivation and a camera my weapon of choice. I have always tried to express myself, but growing up that was never easy. I’m originally from Honduras, where art is not always encouraged since the main goal is to get money and to get it fast. That never stopped me from doing what my heart told me to do, I self thought myself how to paint, sketch and write. Yet something was always missing, later on my life I move to America where I discovered a whole new world of empowerment where people believed in my goals and dreams. With so many people trying to pursuit the same objective that I had it was even easier to find inspiration everywhere I looked. More than just describe scenery I wanted to turn it into an actual image that one could appreciate visually and not just mentally, then is where I started to experiment photography, and there is where the journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment