Friday, August 30, 2013

Legal Authority


As a future graduate photographer one of my biggest desires is to open my own freelance business, therefore most, if not all, of the questions I will be asking the lawyer I’m going to be meeting with are going to be about my future business and how to prepare for it legally. Opening a business is a big deal, planning for a business is almost like planning for a baby, so there is three key things I am looking for in a lawyer.  “The beneficiary places special confidence in the fiduciary, who in turn is obligated to act in good faith and candor, putting his own needs second.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page 302) I need a confident lawyer who knows what he is talking about and that talks with authority. I need someone who is well prepared and can take me to the right path in order to have a strong business. An agent has a fiduciary duty to act loyally for the principal's benefit in all matters connected with the agency relationship.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page304) I need someone who is loyal. I should be able to completely and blindly trust this lawyer since I’m putting my future on his hands. “An agent may not engage in inappropriate behavior that reflects badly on the principal. This rule applies even to off-duty conduct.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page 305) I need for my lawyer not to be a joke. My lawyer should be someone who everyone, especially I, respects. I should be able to know that my lawyer is working as hard as possible for what I need and that he is not running goofing around. After researching around I have found someone who is confident, trustful and respectful, and that someone is Lawyer David A. Straus.

No comments:

Post a Comment