Friday, August 30, 2013

The Questions


As previously stated in a previous blog, my questions to my lawyer where about my business and how to legally get it started. Talking to my new lawyer helped me a lot and filled me up with knowledge about the proper paper work such as permits, contracts and types of businesses I could potentially open with all the pros and cons that come with it. “A contract is merely a legally enforceable agreement. People regularly make promises, but only some of them are enforceable.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page143) Contracts are an absolutely necessity specially for businesses like the one I intent to start since most of is based on promises, contracts can protect me from any legal issues that could occur with clients and employees that I may encounter. To begin, entrepreneurs must select a form of organization. The correct choice can reduce taxes, liability, and conflict while facilitating outside investment.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page 373) The correct kind of entrepreneurship is crucial to any business, whether is an LLC, an organization or any other form. Not only different forms of businesses can help me with taxes but also liabilities facilitating or damaging my business is substantial ways. “Traditionally, most professionals (such as lawyers and doctors) were not permitted to incorporate their businesses, so they organized as partnerships. Now professionals are allowed to incorporate in “professional corporations” or “PCs.” PCs provide more liability protection than a general partnership.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page 385). A partnership could also be a great option for a business such as a photographic business since it could cut my responsibilities up to half and it could facilitate my workflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment