Friday, August 30, 2013

Reasoning of the Law


Wile talking to my lawyer I noticed he kept bringing up that what will finally make a business successful is my treatment towards costumers because what I will want to happen is for my costumers to eventually come back and to refer me to other potential costumers. So I started noticing how he was treating me, I came to the conclusion that his entire reasoning is that a business needs great costumer service. “Ethical decision-making generates a range of benefits for employees, companies, and society. Although ethical business practices are not required” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page18). My lawyer thought me that costumer service does not end with the costumer; your employees and whomever I might be working for should be treated with great respect. “If a person is intent on lying, cheating, and stealing his way through a career, then he is unlikely to be dissuaded by anything in this or any other course. But for the large majority of people who want to do the right thing, it will be useful to study new ways of approaching difficult problems.” (Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page 18). With his actions and his wording he showed me that he was trustworthy, another thing that is crucial for a business, if whomever owns a business is not completely honest about everything the business will come down because of lack of costumers. “The alternative point of view is that corporations should take care of more than shareholders alone. It is not that the owners of a corporation should be ignored—shareholders are included as one of several groups of stakeholders in a firm. But, a company must also look out for (among others) its employees, its customers, and the communities in which it operates. It may even be that companies have an obligation to broader interests such as “society” or “the environment.””(Cengage Advantage Books: Introduction to Business Law page 23) Whomever is ether your partner or boss should be just as important as the costumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment